I can’t believe it is time to write about New Year’s Eve
festivities. It seems this year has gone by so quickly. When it comes to New
Year’s Eve activities, there is a lot to do. Often, we go to the Schuster
Center’s performance that evening and leave the little one at home with the
sitter, but there are plenty of activities that the whole family can
Here are a few area New Year’s Eve activities that caught my eye:
1. New Year’s Eve at Austin Landing: Spend the evening at Austin Landing this year. There will be live music, fireworks and a ball drop. The party starts at 8 p.m., and there is fun for the whole family. Tickets range in price from $15 to $60, with proceeds benefiting the Pink Ribbon Girls.
2. Visit Scene 75: Scene 75 is great for kids and adults alike. There will be a balloon drop at 2 p.m. and midnight, and you can enjoy a big variety of arcade games plus unlimited laser tag from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. The all-inclusive package is $39 or without food $34 a person.
3. See a show: Each year the Schuster Center puts on a show with the Dayton Opera, ballet and philharmonic orchestra on New Year’s Eve. During intermission guests are able to have a champagne toast with one another. The event runs from 8 -10 p.m. and is a lot of fun!
4. : Head downtown this year and go ice skating at Riverscape Metro Park. This is a fun and inexpensive way to spend the day (or night) with the family. Admission is $5, and skate rental is an additional $2. Kids 3 and under are free.
5. Head to the comedy club: Laugh your way into the New Year with John Heffron at the Funny Bone. There are two shows, one at 7:00 p.m. and one at 10:00 p.m. Tickets range in price from $25 to $60. You must leave the kids home for this one, as the show is for those who are 18 and older only.
If you are willing to travel a little farther there are plenty of activities in the Cincinnati region. You can see them here. Do you have a New Year’s Eve tradition? I’d love to hear about it. Send it to me at Val@rivervalleycu.org. For more activities check out my blog here.