Can you believe it has been almost
a year since I started my blog? My first
post covered Valentine’s Day! (Read it ).
That said, it is truly a full-circle moment for me as I write this post on
Valentine’s Day activities in the Dayton area. Typically people go to a fancy
restaurant to celebrate the holiday, but there are plenty of other options—including
tickets to Hamilton that I will be
giving away! My husband and I love attending out-of-the-ordinary things. You
never know what you are going to discover!
1. : Wine and chocolate—always a winning combination in my book. The Estate at Sunset Farm is holding a wine and chocolate pairing event in conjunction with Winans. Yum! Tickets prior to the event are $40 and $45 at the door.
2. : The Kettering Rec Center is hosting this unique event. Bring your special someone or a friend and spend an evening in the pool. There will be a mocktail bar (non-alcoholic cocktails), refreshments, music and games. Tickets are $18 for Kettering resident couples or $25 for non-resident couples.
3. : Spend the weekend bonding over cool cars at the 10th annual Chazziz Valentine’s Day Car Show. $5 admission for ages 13 and up; kids 12 and under are free.
4. : Support the Special Wish Foundation by attending their annual Dancing with the Stars-Dayton on February 8, 2019. Spend an evening with local influencers while giving back to a great organization. There will be dinner, great silent auction items, and of course dancing. Make sure you find me if you go! I’ll be attending on behalf of River Valley.
5. : Visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery for a romantic evening under the stars with classic love songs, trivia and timeless love stories under their planetarium. Tickets are $30 a couple.
6. : Head to Once Upon a Thyme Bookshop in Beavercreek for a special meal with your sweetie. The evening consists of cooking demos, wine pairing suggestions, tips and tricks for cooking with wine, and a candlelit dinner. You are encouraged to bring your own wine.
7. : This 5k is a lot of fun! The swag is so cute and you get chocolate and beer. There are appetizers at Brixx as well as chocolates from Kilwins for the post-race celebration. The fun part is the medal is designed to connect with the Sweetest Day race!
8. : There are a lot of good shows coming to our area for Valentine’s Day. Chicago and The King and I will be showing at the Schuster Center, but there is one show in particular I am talking about. Hamilton is coming to Columbus over Valentine’s Day weekend. Now, tickets have been sold out for months, BUT I have some I want to give to you! Stay tuned to my social media accounts over the next week for details.
As always, I would love to hear about any super fun Valentine’s Day activities or events I missed so I can share them next time! Send your suggestions to Val@Rivervalleycu.org. Happy Valentine’s Day!