It is that time of year again. As the weather becomes more
and more agreeable, there is more and more to do! We already have things
planned for the next six weeks! The best part is, a lot of these things are free.
Festivals, workout classes and city-wide events are starting to show up on
event pages. Below are some of the fun things happening in the next month or
1. : Grab you mom and head to Decoy Art studio in Beavercreek for a special painting party. They will have a variety of items to chose from to paint. There will also be games, trivia and snacks on hand. I wish my little one was old enough for this. Kids need to be at least 6 years of age.
2. : This free event takes place at Dominick Lofino Park in Beavercreek and is fun for all ages. There will be entertainment and prizes for the whole family. Make sure to bring your own pole and bait. Fishing starts at 8:30 a.m.
3. : If your child is like mine, big trucks are a big deal. At the moment, my daughter loves fire trucks and buses. This event is perfect for kids (and adults) of all ages. The kids get to climb inside the vehicles and play around. Attendees are encouraged to bring packages of new socks to help Shoes 4 the Shoeless.
4. : This event is so much fun! You get to go around and taste foods from different cultures as well as see traditional dances and costumes. Last time we went I ate so much good food. The only downside is it can be a little expensive. You have to pay for parking at the convention center downtown as well as pay for tickets to get in and any items you want to try.
5. : Celebrate Memorial Day at Carillon Park’s Heritage Day. They decorate the park in patriotic decorations and have a full day of historical demonstrations planned. At the end of the day, the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra will perform. Tickets range in prices from $7 to $10.
6. : Spring time means baby animals! Stop by the Learning Tree farm with the family to pet the baby farm animals. I mean, who doesn’t love baby animals? Entrance fee is $10 per family.
7. : Visit the Montgomery County Fairgrounds for a showcase of local restaurants and food industry businesses. There will be live entertainment as well as beer and wine. Tickets can be bought in advance or at the door.
8. : If you have ever wanted to be a princess, this event is for you. Different princesses will be on hand to help make the day magical for everyone. You can expect to sing and dance with the princesses and at the end of the event be crowned a princess in your own right! Tickets are $42 a person.
What is you favorite event this season? Send me your thoughts at. For more fun activities to do in the Dayton area visit my .