Looking for something fun to do in the Dayton area? I have
you covered! There is always a lot going on in our area, you just have to know
where to look. Facebook is a great resource for this. You can search the events
page and learn about all the unique things going on in your specific area.
Below are some of the fun activities, both indoor and outdoor, that I thought
were worth sharing.
1. Head to Hueston Woods the first and second weekends in March to experience the Maple Syrup Festival. You can start your day with pancakes and then venture out to learn about the maple syrup-making process. Don’t forget to visit the nature center. It is really neat. My daughter had a blast there. The pancake breakfast is $7.50 for adults and $5.50 for kids 10 and under; the rest of the day is free.
2. : Stop by Springboro High School for Warren County’s largest business expo. You can learn about local businesses and the services they offer, plus register for some great door prizes. The event is free to attend. Make sure you stop by and say hi to the River Valley staff in attendance. Just look for the orange shirts.
3. : Take the kids to the Antioch Shrine Circus the first weekend in April. There will be elephants, tigers, clowns, high-flying acts and amazing death-defying feats. Tickets range in prices from $20 to $50.
4. : The Dayton Auto Show is returning to the convention center this month. Not only will you get to see the latest and greatest in cars, but there is also face painting, a balloon artist, a scavenger hunt and a chance to win a two-year lease on a 2019 Chevy Equinox. Tickets are $8 for ages 10 and up; 9 and under are free. If you buy your tickets ahead of time you can get $2 off.
5. : Head to Hobart Arena in Troy for the Miami County home show. There will be demos, vendors and door prizes. This is a great way to get some spring renovation ideas! Adults get in for $6. Children 12 and under are free.
6. : Getting married soon? Check out Prime Time Party’s bridal show. You can meet with different vendors, see the latest wedding trends and have a chance to win some great door prizes. It is free to attend, and the first 50 brides or grooms get a goodie bag valued at over $100.
7. : The Taste of Ohio festival showcases the area’s best restaurants and businesses in the food industry. Attendees can look forward to the food, door prizes, contests, raffles, a photo booth and more! Tickets are $25.
Know of any fun area events that I missed? Send them to me at. For more activities in our area visit my .