Each year for Mother’s Day, I end
up getting my mom flowers or cupcakes from her favorite place. This year, I
wanted to do something a little different. As I was searching for new ideas, I
was surprised to learn there are a lot of events this weekend in celebration of
Mother’s Day that aren’t brunch. Truthfully,
I am not a big fan of Mother’s Day brunches as they are usually overpriced and
too crowded. Plus, trying a new activity allows for new memories to be made. So
this year, maybe save the brunch for another weekend and try out one of these
fun activities instead.
1. : A local photographer is offering a class in photography basics so moms can take the best photos of their little ones. You will learn how to use your camera on manual mode and get access to a private Facebook group. The cost is $75, and a DSLR camera is preferred.
2. : The Centerville-Washington Park District is offering a free event for moms (and dads) to enjoy time in nature. Kids ages 3 and up can stay with staffers while mom goes for a hike. The event is free, but pre-registration is required.
3. : Artsy Mind in Centerville is offering a Mother’s Day colored pencil class. You will learn how to use colored pencils to create body shapes, skin textures and shadows. You do not need any experience or supplies to take the class.
4. : Head to the Dayton Mall for their Sip ‘N Shop event Saturday night. Spend the evening being pampered, doing crafts, shopping, and of course sipping on wine slushies. The event is free, and the first 40 ladies get a free wine slushy!
5. : This event is a lot of fun. It is an Ohio wine festival located at the Clark County Fairgrounds. You get to sample different Ohio wines, plus there are cooking demonstrations, opportunities to shop, and live music. Tickets are $25 and include 12 tastings and a free wine glass.
Whatever you choose to do to make the day special, I’d love to see photos of your Mother’s Day festivities. Send your photos to me at . For more ideas on fun things to do visit my blog.