It is starting to get a little chilly outside, but that
doesn’t put a damper on fun! In fact, November is when all the Christmas
festivities begin in various cities around Dayton. Personally, I know our
calendar is filling up quickly! So if you are looking for some fun activities
and events for your family to do in the next few weeks, here is some of what’s
1. See a show : Visit LaComedia dinner theatre to see White Christmas. The show runs from November 1 to December 31, and tickets range from $75 to $61. You can see the current menu and upcoming shows on their website.
2. Wreath lighting: Stop by the Mall at Fairfield Commons for their annual wreath lighting ceremony on November 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. They will have free horse-drawn carriage rides, real reindeer, live music and more.
3. Christmas tree lighting at Austin Landing: My family is looking forward to this event. The fun starts at 6 p.m. on November 10 with a Christmas parade! The little ones can meet Santa and Mrs. Claus as well as the legendary Budweiser Clydesdales!
4. Honor Veterans: Spend Veteran’s Day honoring those who served or are currently serving in the U.S. military with the city of Centerville. The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. at Stubbs Park. The city of Beavercreek will also be honoring veterans. Their ceremony will begin at 2 p.m. in Veterans Memorial Park.
5. Walk for charity: Register for the Shoes 4 the Shoeless annual walk for kids. The event takes place on November 17 at the Dayton Mall in Miamisburg. All the proceeds from the walk benefit local children in the area who need shoes and socks.
6. Christmas in Springboro: There is a lot going on this month! Head to downtown Springboro for their annual Christmas in Springboro event. Each year, River Valley is a part of the parade! It is so much fun and there is a lot to do.
7. See Christmas lights: Light Up Middletown opens Thanksgiving weekend. If you have never been, it is a drive-thru Christmas light exhibit. It is a great way to enjoy Christmas lights from the warmth of your car. We do it each year, and my little one loves it. And, the entry fee is a free-will donation, so you set your own price.
8. Run a race: The Dayton Turkey Trot takes place on November 25 this year. I did this a few years back, and it was so cold, but the chill in the air encourages a fast finish, and when you are done there is a giant cinnamon roll waiting for you at the finish line. Plus the sweatshirts you get for running the race are really nice.
9. Ice Skating: The ice rink at Riverscape also opens Thanksgiving weekend. This is a nice outing for the whole family and pretty inexpensive too. Admission is $5 and skate rental is $2.
10. Glow night: Head to SkyZone each Friday for glow night. They have lasers, music and black lights, which all help turn the trampoline park into a jumping dance club. It is $20 a person for ages 8 and up.
Which fun events are you attending? Send me your favorites at Val@rivervalleycu.org. For more fun events in our area check out my blog. Don’t forget about River Valley’s 70 days of giving. You can enter here until 12/9. The grand prize is a cruise vacation! How cool!