Hey moms and dads! Looking for
something fun to do in the Dayton area? I have you covered! There is always a
lot going on in our area; you just have to know where to look. Facebook is a
great resource! You can search the events page and find all kinds of unique
things going on in your area. Below are some of the fun activities, both indoor
and outdoor, that I thought were worth sharing.
1. Greene County Fair: Head to the Greene County Fair for some great family fun! There will be rides, tractor pulls, a demolition derby, and of course fair food. Daily ticket prices are $6 or $30 for the whole week.
2. Dayton Brunch!: The first Sunday of every month, food trucks gather from 10-2 at the Yellow Cab in Dayton for brunch. There is live music, mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar.
3. Miami County Fair: If you miss the Greene County Fair, the Miami County Fair is the following week. Day passes are $5, or a weekly pass can be purchased for $25.
4. Super science Saturday: On super science Saturday, admission to the Boonshoft is free. They will have special exhibitions and space theater shows to help encourage kids to enjoy science. Get there early to avoid the crowd.
5. Radio-controlled model aircraft air show: At the Air Force Museum, more than 100 RC pilots will take part in the air show and dazzle the audience with skill maneuvers and daring aerobatics. Also, there will be model aircraft representing all eras of aviation on display. The event is free and takes place on Wright Field, which is located behind the museum.
6. National night out: This is one of my favorite events of the summer. Community businesses get together with local police and fire departments and offer free activities and food for their communities.
7. Summer wine festival: Located at the Schuster Center in the Wintergarden, guests can try more than 50 different wines. There are also themed stations to inspire you to pick the perfect wine based on the time of day. Tickets are $40 and include a sample from each station as well as parking.
8. The great American beer tasting: Head to 5/3rd Field in downtown Dayton for the great American beer tasting. There will be over 100 different beers to sample! Tickets are $30 a person until the week of the event.
9. Fall Festival: Join 4 Paws for Ability at Warrick Farm in Miamisburg for a night of fun. There will be food, hayrides, a petting zoo, music, a bonfire and much more. Tickets are $15 a person. Kids 5 and under are free.
10. Glow fore wishes: Join the Special Wish Foundation for their annual golf outing. This event is a lot of fun. My family and I volunteered for it last year and had a blast. After the golfing there is a free breakfast with Bill’s Donuts!